Thursday 29 April 2010

I was fortunate enough to see Brian and Kristina perform in a sold-out show in Yeovil in March - the dancing was simply stunning and it was a wonderful evening.
So I can understand why the cancellation of several Brian and Kristina shows because of contractual problems with the pro tour has left some fans upset and disappointed.
It must also be incredibly difficult for Brian and Kristina to be forced to cancel shows knowing the disappointment that will cause to fans whose support they have worked so hard to earn.
I hope those fans will be able to see Brian and Kristina, or Brian and Ali, at another event in the year. Hopefully, new events can be arranged once the contractual problems have been sorted out.
I was not able to see the Strictly tour and I don't know if I will get to see the pro tour or Burn the Floor. But even so, I am still inspired by the qualities that Ali and Brian showed during Strictly last year - grace, elegance, commitment, consideration for others, and a striving for excellence.
I hope Brian and Kristina will not be too downhearted - this too shall pass, as they say, and the Fortuna Fantastics and Team Awesomers will still be queueing up to see Brian, Ali and Kristina in whatever shows they perform in the future - and bringing their banners, pompoms and watermelons along too.
As Brian says, go big or go home.

No comments: