Monday 11 October 2010

Ali and Brian split up

Ali and Brian have split up, according to a report in the Daily Mail last week.

I set up this blog several months ago to follow Ali and Brian's professional work after being inspired by watching them on Strictly last year. It is easy to say that their personal relationship should stay personal but for Ali and Brian, their personal relationship was played out in public from the beginning. Even when it was in its early stages, their emotional connection jumped out from the television screen - transforming their dance performances into something truly special. It was this that many, many people responded to.

They went on to perform together in the Strictly celeb tour, at Blackpool and Paignton when Ali stood in for Kristina, and then in Burn the Floor. I thank them for all their performances - like many of their supporters I have been inspired by them to go and see some wonderful dance events - the pro tour, Brian and Kristina, and then Burn the Floor. Without them, I know that I would never have had these experiences.

This blog will continue to follow their careers and other endeavours. Ali has shown a strong commitment to breast cancer charities and I will support this as much as I can. And I know that Brian will soon be back performing live - on some stage, somewhere in the world anyway. He is also involved in a dance DVD which will be released at the end of November and possibly a TV show.

I wish them health and happiness in whatever they choose to do. Thank you, Ali and Brian.

No comments: